Children in the Pilot Areas?
Yes! Children (age 14-16) who successfully pass our skills assessment are welcome to pilot their own multi-rotor drone. Our event is family friendly, and everyone is welcome to cheer on your favorite young pilot! However, children (under 16) are not permitted into the pilot pit areas without active adult supervision. The supervision must be from a parent or guardian that is not racing (able to keep eyes on the piloting child 100% of the time). Under 14? Contact us for case by case approval.
What is a California Style Course?
Our “California Style” Course challenges racers' agility and control over their ability to throttle. This style of course features fewer obstacles than a rotorcross, but more than a grand prix event.
How will the race be timed?
How will the races be judged?Judging will follow the race rules and regulations established by International Drone Racing Association and FPV Aces.
- All races will be governed by our judging committee.
- Each race will be monitored by cameras, timing/lap systems and field marshals to maintain fair and accurate competition.
- The Field Marshall has the executive decision
- Any practice or behavior that deemed unsafe, (i.e. flying above the max ceiling, flying out of bounds) will result in an immediate disqualification.
- Lowest official race lap time wins the grand prize.
What's the event schedule?
A typical race day schedule looks like this:
If you've registered, you will receive an email update from the IDRA with the specifics of your race day.