4" props are coming back in a little way
It's the season of the 4", 1407 racer. With modern 1407 motors capable of massive amounts of thrust for their small size and weight, Garagecrab can be built to more nimble, more durable, and just as fast as a 5" frame. 4" is back, baby.
With a 52g base frame weight and motors that weigh between 12g and 15g, Garagecrab builds with 1407 motors end up easily 290g with a 1000mAh battery, and lighter than 250g with a 500mAh battery.
Build it how you want it.
The stretch-x geometry gives you that stable feel and anti-propwash benefits, and the host of build options give you flexibility in choosing how you want your quad to fly, whether it's top mount battery for a more true center of gravity, or bottom mount with a Gargecrab GoPro Session Bumper or Gargecrab GoPro Session Wedge on top, Garagecrab can be built either way with the included hardware.
Not afraid to accessorize.
With a host of TPU accessories such as booties, battery protectors, top plate bumpers, and GoPro mounts, Garagecrab is thrives in unforgiving indoor race venues such as parking garages and warehouses.
Designed for tiny hardware, but works with anything.
Garagecrab was designed around flight controllers with a 20mm mounting hole pattern
- Flight Controller: Flight controllers such as the Omnibus F4 with M3 20x20mm mounting holes are preferred for protection and ease of mounting, but Garagecrab can support M3 30.5x30.5mm mounting holes with an optional hardware kit (8x 5mm standoffs, 4x 18mm standoffs, 4x 25mm screws + spares)
- Motors: 14XX, 17XX, 16XX, and 18XX motors or any motor with standard 12x12 M2 mounting holes, such as the Tornado 1407.
- Camera:Foxeer HS1177, RunCam Swift, RunCam Owl Plus, or other camera whose case has 25x25mm with screw nubs
- ESCs: Small ESCs such as Speedix 20A
- VTX: Smaller VTX such as VTX03 and TBS Unify Pro preferred
- Lens: Any lens
- Battery strap: Garagecrab is designed for 180x16mm battery straps.